We are proud to announce the first release candidate (1.0.0-RC1) of LUYA after weeks of intensive work.
Today we also present the new LUYA Logo and the brand new luya.io Website.
These are the most significant changes and additions:
- The administration is loading at least twice as fast as before
- Composer update has been speed up significantly by removing old dependencies (including bower dependencies)
- Core classes and modules have been reorganized to optimize system architecture
- Configuration file naming has been changed to improve clarity
- cms, news and crawler modules now combine admin and frontend submodules so that only one composer package is required
- Introduced tag mechanism to allow for special codes in text fields that are parsed and replaced with any thinkable type of content
- Introduced block injectors that inject related and preprocessed data into a CMS block (the link inspector, as an example, can provide an URL based on a link value stored within a block)
- Introduced the Lazyload widget that loads images only when they scroll into view
- CMS pages can now be copied with their content blocks and languages
- Textareas do now automatically resize vertically according to their content
- NgRest Crud lists automatically activate pagination when there are more than 250 rows (this behavior can be configured)
- Search results can be grouped by content type (this is configured adding CRAWL_GROUP meta information to the source code)
- Tons of bug fixes and small improvements
Attention: If you want to upgrade to the first release candidate, there are a few breaking changes you have to take care of. With these changes done, we now have a stable and reliable foundation for the upcoming release candidates and the final release.
4 October 2016
LUYA developer team